*Please click the above link for Residential Parking Permits, Non-Residential Parking Permits, Parking Permit Renewals & Visitor Passes.
*PARKING PERMIT RENEWAL- Please select "Request Permit" and fill in your information to renew your parking permit.
*VISITOR PASSES- Please select "Request Permit" and fill in your visitor's information to be issued a visitor pass.
*IF YOU ARE APPLYING FOR A NON-RESIDENT PARKING PERMIT PLEASE ENTER THE BUSINESS ADDRESS UNDER ACCOUNT INFORMATION AND YOUR HOME ADDRESS UNDER MAILING INFORMATION. DO NOT FORGET TO UPLOAD YOUR DRIVER'S LICENSE, VEHICLE REGISTRATION, AND PAY STUB TO BE APPROVED.
RESIDENT PARKING PROGRAM
On November 1, 2019, the Borough of Edgewater began having residents re-register their vehicles on the registration portal of the Borough at https://www.buymypermit.com/edgewater/.
ALL RESIDENTS ARE TO HAVE NEW RESIDENT PARKING REGISTRATION OR ALL VEHICLES IN VIOLATION WILL BE ISSUED A SUMMONS FOR NON-COMPLIANCE.
The existing resident parking program remains intact however the only changes are the following;
- Renewal of electronic parking permit – Residents must log into the on line parking portal on the Borough SITE https://www.buymypermit.com/edgewater/ to renew their parking permit once it has expired. You will need to fill out the on line form and scan all supporting documentation such as New Jersey driver’s license, vehicle registration, and proof of residency in the form of a lease agreement, property deed, along with a utility bill with matching name and address. Once registration is approved, your vehicle license plate becomes your permit. You will also be mailed a decal, similar to what is provided with the current system. This is to provide a secondary means of identification in the event the electronic scanning system which reads license plates malfunctions.
- New parking restrictions adopted in a few areas – The four (4) locations whereby new restrictions have been adopted are;
- River Road from Route 5 north to Veterans Field which limits parking to two (2) hours 7 days a week from 8am to 8pm., residents with a valid parking permit will be permitted to park between 8pm and 8am.
- River Road from Annette Ave to Veterans Way which limits parking to two (2) hours 7 days a week from 8am to 11pm., residents with a valid parking permit will be permitted to park between 11pm and 8am.
- Route 5 which limits parking to two (2) hours Monday through Saturday, from 8am to 8pm, residents with a valid parking permit will be permitted
- to park between 8pm and 8am.
- Dempsey Avenue between River Road and Columbia Terr. which limits parking to two (2) hours 7 days a week from 8am to 8pm., residents with a valid parking permit will be permitted to park between 8pm and 8am.
- Visitors parking permits made easy – When you have a short term visitor (7 days or less) who will need to park their car whether it’s for a one evening dinner or a week of vacation, registration is easily completed on line 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Business Parking Permits – Dependent on location of the business, businesses will be limited to two (2) permits per business and at the discretion of the Borough.
- Residential Complex Properties – Property managers were previously notified that residential complexes with off street parking will not be issued parking permits due to on-site ample parking. Issuance for special circumstances will be at the discretion of the Borough.
The governing body has adopted new regulations regarding resident parking permits by Ordinance Number 1334-2006.
- Any resident or employee of an Edgewater business must obtain a new parking permit by application. A permit shall be valid for 2 years from the date of its issuance. No more than 2 residential parking permits shall be issued to any applicant. This ordinance is retroactive to April 21, 2003.
Hours of Operation
Residential permit parking shall be in effect on all municipal streets to which this ordinance is applicable, between the hours of 10 a.m. - noon on weekdays, excluding holidays. In addition, the permit parking requires that no vehicle shall be permitted to park for longer than 2 consecutive hours on any street or road within the borough without a residential parking permit displayed on such vehicle.
Roads & Streets
This ordinance shall be applicable to all streets within the jurisdiction of the Borough of Edgewater and shall include all municipal streets and roads.
Purpose of Ordinance
Only cars with valid residential parking permits will be allowed to park on the roads and streets covered by the ordinance. Any vehicle parked without a valid permit or otherwise exempted by this ordinance, will receive a ticket.
Non-resident contractor and commercial vehicles servicing borough residents, providing the vehicles are properly marked will be exempt from this ordinance. Non-resident employers and employees of a business located in Edgewater will be able to obtain a Non-resident Parking Permit from the Borough Clerk’s Office provided that proper documentation of employment is submitted.
There is no provision for visitors parking. If a resident is having guests during the 2-hour period, arrangements can be made with either the Police Department or the Borough Clerk’s Office to accommodate your visitors.
This ordinance is retroactive to April 21, 2003. Questions regarding this ordinance should be directed to the Borough Clerk’s Office at 201-943-1700, ext. 3130.
Annual and Monthly Parking Permits
Attention: Edgewater residents and / or business owners located in the corridor between the southern side of Dempsey Avenue to the southern side of Hilliard Avenue, extending from the eastern side of River Road to the western side of Undercliff Avenue:
Yearly and monthly permit parking spaces located in the Municipal Parking lot across from the old Municipal Building at 916 River Road. 15 spaces have been designated for those eligible residents / business owners interested in renting permit parking spaces.
These spaces are available on a first come, first served basis. The fee for the yearly parking space will be $400 per vehicle and the monthly fee will be $40 per vehicle. Applications for these permit parking spaces can be obtained in:
The Borough Clerk’s Office
55 River Road
Edgewater, NJ 07020
A waiting list will be kept on file in the Borough Clerk’s Office. If you have any questions please feel free to contact Annamarie O'Connor, RMC Borough Clerk, at 201-943-1700, ext. 3137.